Hotel Federale Lugano
Our commitment to a constant decrease in the use of fossil fuels began in 2009 with the renovation of 24 rooms in the north wing of the main building.
• frames with at least double glazing
• individual temperature regulation (both winter and summer)
• LED lamps in all rooms and public spaces
• renovation work carried out by local companies (reduction in travel kilometers)
• complete restructuring of the building in 2011
• thermal insulation inside because the building is located in the protected old city
• windows with triple glazing throughout the building
• replaced oil-fired thermal plant with condensation natural gas
• heat pump with heat recovery for air conditioning production
• LED lighting, individual room temperature adjustment
• complete restructuring of the ground floor with internal insulation of floors and walls because the building is located in old city
• removal of oil-fired boiler replaced with air / water heat pump for cold production for air conditioning and heat recovery for hot water production and heating in winter
• heat recovery from air-conditioning and excess heat from and fridges and freezers
• installed condensing gas burner for the production of sanitary water at temperatures sufficient to guarantee the hygiene of the water itself (legionella, peak consumption)
• installed air conditioning in the last rooms and public areas
• since 2016 we are participating in the Swiss federal CO2 reduction program and will reach goal by the end of 2019
• with the decrease in energy consumption of fossil origin, increase in electricity consumption. We have decided to buy electricity produced from renewable sources (Ti-Water).
• From 2020 we change electricity supplier and with European certification of energy produced from renewable sources
We are fortunate to live and work in Lugano, a city where waste treatment and recycling has a high priority. Suffice it to say, that on the territory of this city of just over 55,000 inhabitants, there are 4 centers for the collection and sorting of recycled material.
With our "Ecocentri" access card, we can properly bring and recycle everything we separate from the company: paper, glass, PET, aluminum, plastics, batteries are regularly brought to the Ecocenter for proper disposal.
Food scraps from the kitchen and restaurant are collected by a company in the region for production of biogas at their plants.